Friday, July 6, 2012

Crockpot Salmon Chowder

Because the crockpot makes meals so effortless allowing me to spend more time with my family, I am constantly on the lookout for new recipes. The most recent recipe I found proved to be much easier and tastier than I anticipated, so I am excited to share it with you:

Crockpot Salmon Chowder
  • 5 c. chicken or vegetable broth
  • 2 onions, chopped
  • 3 carrots, diced
  • 1 c. peas
  • 1 c. corn
  • 3 lg. potatoes, diced
  • 1/2 c. uncooked brown rice
  • 1/2 T. dill weed
  • 1 t. salt
  • 1/2 t. black pepper
  • 1 lg. can salmon
  • 1-1/2 c. cottage cheese
  • 1/2 c. mozzarella cheese
Add broth, vegetables, rice and spices to a crockpot. Cook on low heat for 5 to 6 hours or until the rice and vegetables are tender. Add salmon, cottage cheese and mozzarella cheese and stir until melted and creamy. Cover and let cook on low for ten minutes. Serve!

Note: You can use vegetable broth and omit the salmon to make a tasty vegetarian Potato Chowder!

No comments:

Post a Comment