Friday, July 13, 2012

Sauteed Black Beans and Cabbage

I am actually new to the world of black beans, but I am finding them just as easy to use as all of my other favorite beans. This recipe makes a great lunch, dinner or side dish. The color contrast is pleasing to the eye and the flavor is sure to hit the spot!

Sauteed Black Beans and Cabbage
  • 2 T. olive oil
  • 1 c. shredded cabbage
  • 1 celery stalk, diced
  • 1 c. black beans, cooked and drained
  • 1/2 t. garlic powder
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add cabbage and celery and saute until tender. Add black beans and spices and continue sauteing for a few minutes longer. Serve!

To make this a super fast and frugal meal, I pre-prepare dry black beans and freeze them. I also shred my own cabbage ahead of time and store it in small containers.

No comments:

Post a Comment